Admission Requirements

Admissions Requirements

Before you begin your application process, make sure you meet the admission requirements for your chosen program.

High school diploma or equivalent or Adult Learner Status
21 years of age or older who have not graduated from High School

Ability to apply basic computer skills

Demonstrated proficiency in English
View your chosen program requirement for more details.

We Accept:

  • IELTS Academic:
    International English Language Testing System
  • Successfully complete the University College Pathway program at East Coast Language College or Oxford International.
  • English Language Level Test (ELLT)

Admission Process

Make Online Application

We will review your application and get back to you as soon as we can

Receive Conditional Offer

Shows all requirements and conditions you will need to meet to enroll

Attend Program Interview

Pay your Application Fee so that you can book and attend your Program interview

Receive your Letter Of Admission

Receive your letter of admission, apply for your study permit and co-op work permit (if applicable)

Receive your scholarship

A limited number of selected applicants receive a letter of scholarship for their tuition fees

Enroll on your program

Congratulations! Welcome to Oxford International Career Colleges

Want to get started but haven’t met the language requirements yet?

Check out the pathway programs at Oxford International English.

Want to get started but haven’t met the language requirements yet?

Check out the pathway programs at Oxford International English.

Visa & Permits in Canada

Study Permit

As an international student studying for longer than 6 months, you will need a permit to study in Canada. Your study permit is not a visa. You also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorisation (eTA) to enter Canada.

Make sure to include the college Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number O267638647882 when applying for your study permit.

Co-op Work Permit

If your study includes a co-op or work placement, all international students are required to apply for a co-op work permit and study permit. Students must have Co-op work permit before the start date of the program.

Because of current processing delays, students are advised to submit the application for a co-op work  permit at the time filling out the study permit.

This document will allow you to work full time during  your co-op work placement and you need to present the permit before your co-op component starts.

The Visa Process

Obtain a valid Passport

Complete your admission form and pay tuition fee

Receive Letter of Acceptance (LOA)

Gather documents

Medical examination, English Language Proficiency Exam, Proof of fund, statement of purpose, clear criminal record

Apply for study permit

Apply for co-op work permit if applicable

Receive your study permit

Getting Immigration Advice

Here’s a selection of licensed Immigration Consultants who could assist with your journey to Canada. They are independent, may charge a fee, and can only give you advice about immigration and visas. If you need to ask about your application, please get in touch with our Admissions team.

Daniel Billard  MBA, RCIC

Telephone: +1 902 830 7182

Ding Fan

Telephone: +1 902 452 9230

Caroline Lodge  MEd, RCIC or Paula Mercer  MEd, RCIC

Telephone: +1 902 802 4458

Eva Osorio  BA, RCIC, C Tran

Telephone: +1 (902) 717-6664