Visa And Permits

Visa & Permits in Canada

Study Permit

As an international student studying for longer than 6 months, you will need a permit to study in Canada. Your study permit is not a visa. You also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorisation (eTA) to enter Canada.

Make sure to include the correct college Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number for your study centre when you apply for your study permit. Our DLI numbers are:-

Halifax O267638647882

Vancouver O19275179522

Toronto O19376112172

Co-op Work Permit

If your study includes a co-op or work placement, all international students are required to apply for a co-op work permit and study permit. Students must have Co-op work permit before the start date of the program. Students on the Continuing Care Assistant program will always need a co-op work permit. Students studying Hospitality Management may need a co-op work permit depending on the mode of study that they have chosen.

Because of current processing delays, students are advised to submit the application for a co-op work  permit at the time filling out the study permit.

This document will allow you to work full time during  your co-op work placement and you need to present the permit before your co-op component starts.

The Visa Process

Obtain a valid Passport

Complete your admission form and pay tuition fee

Receive Letter of Acceptance (LOA)

Gather documents

Medical examination, English Language Proficiency Exam, Proof of fund, statement of purpose, clear criminal record

Apply for study permit

Apply for co-op work permit if applicable

Receive your study permit

Getting Immigration Advice

Here’s a selection of licensed Immigration Consultants who could assist with your journey to Canada. They are independent, may charge a fee, and can only give you advice about immigration and visas. If you need to ask about your application, please get in touch with our Admissions team.

Daniel Billard  MBA, RCIC

Telephone: +1 902 830 7182

Ding Fan

Telephone: +1 902 452 9230

Caroline Lodge  MEd, RCIC or Paula Mercer  MEd, RCIC

Telephone: +1 902 802 4458

Eva Osorio  BA, RCIC, C Tran

Telephone: +1 (902) 717-6664